Services We Offer
Mr. Cool’s offers repairs and maintenance of cars and light trucks, both foreign and domestic.
Diagnostic Testing & Evaluation:
- Check Engine Light
- Engine Performance System
- Air Conditioning
- Cooling System
- ABS System
- Electrical Systems
- Exhaust Gas Analysis
- Computer Suspension Diagnostics
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
Repair of the Following:
- Fuel Injectors
- Computer Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Cooling Systems
- Exhaust Systems
- Air Conditioning
- Drive Belts, Pulleys, and Tensioners
- Timing Belts
- Front and Four-Wheel Alignment
- European Wheel Alignments
- Steering Rack and Pinion
- CV Boot
- Drive Axle
- Rear Axles and Suspension
- Shocks and Struts
- Transmission Repair or Replacement
- On Vehicle Rotor Turning
- Engine Repair or Replacement
- Mfg’s Recommended Maintenance
- Transmission Services
- Power Steering Fluid Flush
- Brake Fluid Flush
- Cooling System Flush
- Fuel Injection Cleaning
- Spark Plugs
- Ignition Systems
CONTACT US TODAY
Knoxville, TN 37919
Air Conditioning Service
Mr. Cool helps keep you cool!
We offer a special air conditioning diagnostic service plus a premium repair package using environmentally-friendly refrigerant and quality components. A good air conditioning system is a must in Tennessee with the humid conditions.
Air Conditioning Warning Signs:
- Your A/C system doesn’t cool properly.
- The fan/blower doesn’t work when set in A/C mode.
- Loud noises when you turn on your A/C.
- Your vehicle stalls or idles roughly when you turn on the A/C.
- Your vehicle runs hot or overheats when you use the A/C.
- Some or all of the dash controls don’t work when you try to use them.
- Your heater, top and side vents, or defroster doesn’t work.
- Water on your vehicle’s floor or rugs.
- Unusual odors from interior vents.
Air Conditioning Service Includes:
- Inspect system for leaks (hoses, couplings, valves, evaporator, etc.)
- Recover any old refrigerant
- Evacuate the system
- Inspect and adjust drive belt tension
- Clean condenser fins if needed
- Test compressor operation
- Fill with proper O.E. amount of refrigerant (refrigerant extra)
- Pressure test and check for leaks
- Check output temperature
- Check proper operations of controls, blower motor, cooling fan (engine)
- Check antifreeze (engine coolant)
Brake Repair Services
Protect yourself, your passengers, and your vehicle with high quality Knoxville Brake Repair Services!
Mr. Cool Complete Auto Care has been providing quality Knoxville Brake Repair Services since 1995. Our trained technicians will inspect your vehicle’s braking system, provide a detailed estimate, and document inspection prior to any repair. Mr. Cool Complete Auto Care only replaces parts that are approved by the customer. All replacement parts are of the highest product quality and backed by Mr. Cool Complete Auto Care brake warranties.
Brake Problems Warning Signs:
- Brake warning light comes on
- Your car pulls to one side when braking instead of stopping in a straight line
- When applied, your brakes grab, causing jerky stops
- Brakes grind with continuous loud metallic noise when applied
- Brake pedal is either mushy or very hard to depress
- Brakes must be pumped to work properly
- Wheel(s) are excessively hot after short drives
- Brake fluid leaks are seen around any wheel or in engine compartment, near master cylinder location
- Brake fluid very low or very dirty looking
Mr. Cool Complete Auto Care brake service includes:
- Recondition rotors or drums
- Install new pads or new/re-aligned shoes
- Check brake fluid and fill as needed
- Adjust rear brakes, if necessary
- Re-pack wheel bearings/replace seals on non-drive serviced axle
- Road test vehicles
- Additional parts and/or labor extra as required or suggested
Battery, Charging, and Starting Systems
Electrical Check Includes:
- A full analysis of your battery’s condition, including its state of charge and ability to hold a charge.
- An inspection and analysis of the vehicle’s starting and charging system, including the starter, the alternator and the voltage regulator to ensure proper charging to maximize the life of the battery.
- An inspection and adjustment of the alternator belt if necessary. A loose alternator belt can cause your battery to discharge prematurely.
- A cleaning of the battery’s connection and cable ends, as well as an application of corrosion protection.
- Professional battery installation including cleaning the battery tray and cable ends to ensure good, clean connections.
Computerized Engine Diagnostic Service
Computerized Engine Diagnostic Includes:
- Complete engine diagnostic test
- Pulling of computer codes to identify potential problem areas
- Road test vehicle
- Fuel pressure test
- Visual inspection of emissions system and other under hood systems
Cooling System Maintenance
Coolant protects your engine from freezing or overheating, but its effectiveness can diminish over time.
A cooling system failure is the number one reason for automotive breakdown on our nation’s highways. Unlike a flat tire, you can’t stop and put on a spare. Trust Mr. Cool to get your vehicle operating at the right temperature. Mr. Cool’s ASE-certified technicians will efficiently have you back on the road with a properly maintained cooling system!
Recommended interval: Every 6,000 miles or every 6 months
Cooling System Warning Signs:
- Your vehicle overheats.
- Your coolant light comes on.
- Your temperature gauge reads higher or lower than normal.
- Your heater does not work.
- Your engine runs poorly or uses excess fuel.
- You smell antifreeze (sweet moist smell).
Our Cooling System Maintenance Service Includes:
- Pressure check the cooling system and radiator cap for external leaks with filler cap and neck adapter and tester
- Check crankcase oil and automatic transmission fluid for water content and levels
- Test coolant thermostat with radiator thermometer
- Check temperature gauge for accuracy
- Chemical flush compound
- Drain system
- Clean foreign matter from radiator fins (if needed)
- Check fan blades and pulleys for alignment and damage
- External inspection of all hoses for cracks, swelling, brittleness and deterioration
- Check engine core plugs, (where possible)
- Refill system with correct coolant type, check and bleed for air locks
- Check condition and tension of drive belts
- Includes up to 2 gallons of coolant or proper type for vehicle and 1 chemical flush compound
Computerized Wheel Alignment
Mr. Cool’s Complete Auto Care technicians will align your vehicle so that your tires wear properly and the vehicle travels straight while driving. By properly correcting Caster, Camber, Toe and Thrust Angle, it will increase tire life, reduce wear and tear on steering components and improve the handling characteristics of your vehicle.
Alignment Problem Warning Signs:
- Your steering wheel is not straight when driving on a level road.
- You hear strange noises in your suspension system.
- The vehicle wanders from side to side.
- Your vehicle pulls or drifts to one side when you drive in a straight line or brake.
- You hear squeals when you turn.
- You feel vibrations in the steering wheel or through your vehicle’s seat.
- The vehicle’s steering feels loose, mushy, or too tight.
- Your tires are wearing prematurely or unevenly.
Engine Performance Warning Signs
- You lose power.
- Your gas mileage drops.
- Your engine “knocks” when it accelerates.
- Your engine stalls.
- Your engine starts hard, even when the battery easily turns the engine over.
- Your engine continues to run after you turn the ignition off.
- There is a noxious (harmful) exhaust odor.
- Your engine runs rough at any or all speeds.
- Your engine backfires, spits or pops.
- Your engine dash warning lights stay on.
Mr. Cools Maintenance Engine Tune-Up service includes
- Installing new spark plugs
- Set timing (if applicable)
- Adjust carburetor (if applicable)
- Inspect secondary wires
- Distributor cap
- PCV valve
- Crankcase vent filter
Fuel Injection Service
As you drive your car, carbon deposits build up on fuel injectors, engine valves and in the combustion chambers. Deposits also form on the throttle body, and in the intake manifold as well as in the catalytic converter. This accumulation of carbon and sludge can cause a drastic drop in both fuel economy and performance. Fuel additives are largely ineffective because they target only the fuel injectors and are not concentrated enough to clean away stubborn carbon build up. They do nothing to address the other areas that are arguably more important than the fuel injectors.
The only proven way to clean the entire fuel and intake systems, as well as the combustion chambers, engine valves, and catalytic converter is by performing a comprehensive Fuel Injection Service. For this service to be effective, it must be performed by a qualified technician using the proper equipment and solvent solution.
It is recommended that this service be performed every 12 months or 15,000 miles as part of your routine maintenance schedule to keep your car running clean and efficiently, and performing like it did when it was new.
Fuel System Warning Signs
- Your vehicle is hesitating.
- Your vehicle is having trouble starting.
- Your vehicle is achieving poor gas mileage.
- Your vehicle is operating sluggish with poor performance.
Steering, Suspension, and Drive Train
At Mr. Cool’s Complete Automotive Care, we have certified technicians who will perform a professional inspection of the system, providing you with a complete analysis of the current conditions and repair cost estimate. Mr. Cools is a full-service steering and suspension repair facility.
Worn steering, suspension and driveline components can cause noise, vibration, premature tire wear and misalignment. That’s why we perform a complete steering and suspension system inspection with every alignment. By replacing worn parts, you regain steering control and handling that will return your vehicle to its original operating performance.
Mr. Cool’s Complete Automotive Care provides full service in steering, suspension and driveline parts replacement. We carry brand name parts, such as Moog and Gabriel, with most carrying a Lifetime Warranty on parts and labor.
Key parts we repair or replace may include; Ball joints, Bushings, Sway bar links, Center links, Idler arms/Pitman arms, Rack and pinion units, Tie rod ends/sleeves, CV joints/boots, CV axle half shafts, Shock absorbers, struts/cartridges.